Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gulliver's Travels project

The book that I read for class was Gulliver's Travels. I had never read it before and I did not know anything about the book before starting it. The book was a bit slow and not as engaging as I had anticipated. I was having a hard time getting through it when I found out that it was meant to be a political commentary. That made all the difference in the world. After that the book became much more interesting to read. The new depth drove me on much more than my desire to read had. In the end the book was very good. There are so many parallels that can be drawn from the book and applied to today. People don't really change it seems only the date.

For my project I drew a picture of Gulliver on his second adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment