Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Introductions

You might be asking yourself why I chose wave shredder. Although i can surf I currently live in Utah, so there are not many waves here. I am the kind of person that sees something and does it. I am a woman of action both physically and in life. I'd like to think that I take life by the horns and get what I can out of it. Since I started college I have been to 7 countries, jumped off the highest bridge in Africa, enjoyed the Dalai Lama's birthday celebration and made someone their first peanut butter and jelly sandwich ever.
On the other hand, I do study public health and wish to empower many with opportunities to access resources that will aid them in attaining healthier lives. Health for others and myself is a passion of mine. I played collegiate level rugby for 4 1/2 years and continue to run distance races now. Not only is physical health important to me but learning too. I love to read and listen to books. There are always at least three books I am working on at any given time. Life is rich!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Sounds like an exciting existence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool you played rugby, I use to play in high school. It's such a fun sport.

    Also, I'm in your digi civ class. So maybe I'll see you in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn! Who would've known we would end up with a class together? What books are you currently reading (besides for your classes)?
    p.s. I almost picked the zebra background that you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn, great to hear about you. Fantastic that you have been able to travel so much, and that you're actively blogging about health education. Excited to hear your perspective on the topics we're studying ...

    ReplyDelete