Friday, November 19, 2010

Final project and Khao san road

For our project we are working with a local group called Sister Survivors. They are building up a community of women who have or have had breast cancer. They currently have a blog that they have been updating daily since April of this year. They are working to create something that is usable and that people know about.

I feel like getting a name, site or product out there is always the hard part and I am not sure how to overcome that. I have been reminiscing about my travels lately and a place that I have been came to mind as an example of this. Khao san Road in Bangkok Thailand is somewhat of a mecca for backpackers. There is a video that illustrates what is is like to walk down that road. There are hundreds of people, signs are everywhere, music is blasting and lights are flashing. I feel like getting a business of anything seen in a place like this is like people being able to find a blog or website. It seems impossible, but I know its not.

2 comments:

  1. This is a good insight Autumn. I think sometimes it's hard to get above the noise of the crowd, so why not try something more subversive? Are there other forms of advertising (word of mouth, maybe) that will help you not fight against this tide of lights, flashes and sounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete