Monday, November 15, 2010

Me and my world

So, I have been craving the world outside of the US. I miss being in a society or community that is connected to the earth and each other. I cherish the time I have had in developing countries. It is a time when I feel alive and part of the earth, like I am really living. When I am in the US for long periods of time I feel like I get dulled to the joy and fullness of life. There is something to not being on the internet and computer all of the time and just sitting and chatting with people because you feel like it not because you have to do this and that and that and that. I thing the movie "The Gods must be crazy" captures a bit of this feeling. Enjoy the intro:)

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a crazy movie i saw in highschool called koyaanisqatsi (that is coy-an-iss-cotsee). it literally means life out of balance. it is just video and music. no dialogue and it is a commentary on how out of balance our modern world has become. go check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirH8PADDgQ. it is a pretty cool display of our twentieth and twenty-first century busy life. it has a lot of romantic and transcendentalist themes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie does have a great way of contextualizing our society in the ridiculous manner that lots of times it is. Did you see the documentary on the bushman too? A sad deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good movie that illustrates this for me is Baraka.

    ReplyDelete